The Importance of Personal and Professional Spiritual Hygiene
One of the most important things we can do for ourselves as well as our businesses is to stay on top of our spiritual hygiene. When we are conscious and aware of what is going on with our energetic/spiritual selves, the other areas of our lives will certainly feel the effects of these practices. We can tell you from our experience, your customers will be able to feel if you or your business feels “off” energetically and it may be a turn-off for them rather than a turn-on.
For some, they stick to a regular routine where they cleanse themselves and their spaces for example on the 1st of every month. For others, they may wait until they experience the signs below that it’s time to cleanse themselves and their spaces. Maintaining your own spiritual hygiene as well as the energy within your business (whether your business is at home, in an office or in a brick and mortar setup) is an important part of being a spiritually conscious and responsible business owner.
You know it’s time to clear when you experience the following:
- Feelings of exhaustion
- Restlessness, not being able to get a good night’s sleep
- Stagnancy with finances, ideas, creativity, feeling stuck
- Short-tempered, experiencing disharmony amongst team members
- Unable to focus
- Drop in sales
There are many things we can do to keep the energy or chi flowing in a healthy manner. Here are a few suggestions on what you can do to keep the energy high and clear:
- Sage – The ritual of burning sage has been used throughout time for thousands of years. Sage comes in a bundle or in a bag of loose leaves. Be sure you have a shell or heat resistant dish to catch the ashes. *For those who are sensitive to smoke or are unable to burn sage, you can always use sage mist. It’s equally as effective as burning sage.
- Place a crystal by the entry to your office. The crystal acts as a gateway keeper absorbing any unwanted energy (stress, fear, anxiety) preventing negativity from entering your space. Suggested crystals – hematite, black tourmaline, tiger’s eye, selenite, jet and black obsidian.
- Sprinkle either black salt of sea salt at the entryway of the building. This creates a healthy energetic barrier so that only good stays in and negativity stays out.
- Take a salt bath with epson salt, himalayan salt, kosher salt and add some herbs like rosemary to clear your auric field. Make sure your skin is not sensitive to any of the herbs you add.
- Burning incense clears and brings in good energy. Use incenses such as – Nag Champa, Chandan, Frankincense, Amber, Myrrh and Copal
- Get rid of the clutter! When we have piles of “stuff” in our space that we don’t need or have any use for we are creating stagnancy in our environment. You can always get rid of stuff by donating it or throwing it away.
- Keep away from drama and drama-filled people and triggers Drama is a toxic energy and will attract a “like” frequency. You can request for spirit to assist with keeping your home and or space clear of unwanted energetic influences.
- Keep up your meditation practice. Meditation is an excellent stress-reliever and connects us to our higher power, bringing in tons of light and love.
Once you have begun a regular cleansing practice, you will notice a huge difference when things feel a bit off. Only you will know what cleansing routine will work best for you. We suggest using your intuitive senses to gauge when it’s time.
The benefits of keeping you and your space clear are – healthier relationships, stronger physical bodies, abundance, joy and raising your consciousness. These are some really great reasons, wouldn’t you agree?
Boss’maste’ ~ (The Boss Lady in me bows to the Boss Lady in you)
~ Laurie and Kelly ~